letstalkbeatles.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Let's Talk Beatles

Author Topic: rockshow  (Read 3574 times)

chris

• Email
rockshow
« on: April 21, 2013, 05:35:38 pm »

out of all of paul's concert movies, this is by far the best. not the setlist...but the best filmed. I don't much care for the fan/celebrity opinions and up-close-face camera-time of concertgoers. I want to see paul and the band play music...that's it. and that's what you get here.

the new release blu ray concert, available sometime between late may and mid june, is full 2 1/2 hour concert.

I can imagine all of the glassy eyed wives/husbands/boyfriends/girlfriends that are going to be forced to sit thru, in the name of love, the live version of Richard Corey in about a month or so. but I look forward to inflicting my wife with that real soon.
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I've got to get a belly full of wine...

lampie1970

• Email
Re: rockshow
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2013, 07:51:20 pm »

This is also going to be shown in some theaters. I will try to find out when and post a link.  but you may want to check your local listings or Fandango if youre interested.

Mervap

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2013, 07:52:08 pm »

That'd be as close as one could get to being there...
If love is blind, how will it ever find a way?

lampie1970

• Email
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2013, 10:01:58 am »

2 of 3

• Email
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2013, 10:23:01 am »

Wow..cool....Paul with natural hair colour!  ;D

chris

• Email
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2013, 11:31:11 am »

You know, I spent a bit of my time, as a youth, quietly mocking Linda's singing voice. I just plain didn't think it was very good. But now that he's had a decade or so to make music without her on backing vocals...I realize...she was a fairly important part of his overall sound. And truth is...I miss her voice with his. That was his sound for nearly thirty years. And it'll now never be his sound again.
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I've got to get a belly full of wine...

2 of 3

• Email
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2013, 01:09:08 pm »

That's interesting chris....I feel the exact opposite. I like Linda a lot..but I didn't like what she brought to Paul's songs. They take away the edge for me...it's almost like having children singing backup for you. I don't mean that it sounds bad..but it's not what I like. I miss John and George obviously...and we only got 9 years of them. There are so many Paul songs that would be so good with John or George singing the harmony or backup. Of course, there are a lot of John and George songs that would benefit Paul's singing too. I mean...can you imagine The Ballad Of John and Yoko with Yoko doing the other vocal? Nope....me neither. :(

2 of 3

• Email
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2013, 01:37:19 pm »

Here's Maybe I'm Amazed REMASTERED version.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iY3E2BVaWZ0

This is why PM is the most underrated singer in ROCK.  

Mervap

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2013, 01:37:56 pm »

Where??? Oh....
If love is blind, how will it ever find a way?

chris

• Email
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2013, 03:38:45 pm »

I'm not sure I'd go so far as to say there was a quality to her voice. But I remember hearing a Flaming Pie for the first time...which was after Linda died...and it ended with Great Day. And first listen...I was so sad that it was going to be the last time I heard their voice together. It was about that time I started to appreciate Ram (at least my modern approach to it, which it is probably his masterwork)...which features Linda's voice as prominently as any of his albums
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 06:22:58 pm by chris »

kylenz

• Email
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2013, 06:34:53 am »

I don't much care for the up-close-face camera-time of concertgoers. I want to see paul and the band play music...that's it. and that's what you get here.

That's the way I feel too. All of Paul's live dvds to date have been ruined by poor filming and editing. This is the one I'm going to get on blu ray. I just hope the transfer will be of high quality. I remember watching a live ELO concert on dvd from the 1970s ('Out Of The Blue' live) and the picture/flesh tones had a overly-red/orange taint to them. Same thing with the Led Zeppelin dvds I have, it's something about the way they filmed them back then. It would be cool if they did something magic with the transfer and not only do it in pristine HD quality, but clean up the contrast and saturation levels to make it more natural to look at.

Unless that's just the way they bathed all the top bands in red light in the 1970s!  ;D

lampie1970

• Email
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2013, 09:39:17 pm »

a new dvd and blu-ray comes out on june 11.2013...im assuming remastered? maybe someone can shed a light on the difference between what already exists and what will be released...