Every Little Thing- Beatles Discussion > The Beatles- Albums

The Beatles (The White Album)

(1/4) > >>

Mervap:
Released November 22, 1968.

2 of 3:
My Favourite Beatle album...it just has a bit of everything and even today, it doesn't sound dated. Great collection of songs and performances. 

Greg:
There's nothing I don't like about The White Album.  Wild Honey Pie I love.  Long, Long, Long is one of my favorite Beatles' songs.  It's all to disjointed that it fits together perfectly. 

Those 8 x 10 glossy photos are the best.

I forgot how much, but Richard ??? was paid to design the album cover.  That would take a lot of guts to go to The Beatles, whose last album had a little color to the cover I think, and say, "Here's what I've come up with.  What do you think guys?"

Mervap:
Hamilton was the last name, methinks.....I think he'd have to wonder what could be done to top the "Pepper" sleeve, realized one couldn't do that, then went looking in the other direction.

Keri:
In Ian MacDonald's book on the Beatles "Revolution in the Head" ,which I highly recommend, he writes:

--- Quote ---Before the Leicester group Family issued their innovative album Music in a Doll's House ...The Beatles had been planning to call their new work A Doll's House ... The clash was unfortunate since this was an apt title for this musical attic of odds and ends, some charming, others sinister, many tinged with childhood memories, all absorbed in the interior worlds of their authors...Sadly, none of this is captured in Richard Hamilton's modishly empty sleeve design.
--- End quote ---

It's an interesting thought, I've always thought it was cool having a plain white cover, it signals an extreme change from Sgt Pepper but it doesn't really reflect the contents, the poster montage probably achieves that more.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version