Every Little Thing- Beatles Discussion > The Beatles- Albums

Beatles For Sale

(1/3) > >>

Mervap:
Released December 4, 1964

Mervap:
About the only knock I have on this album is that it was recorded in such a hurry...between/during concert tours. The tunes do betray a weariness, but never sound as if the Lads are complaining. It would have been really easy to sound petulant when all your off days were spent in a drab recording studio, but they continued to write high quality material....not enough to fill an entire album, though. The covers are all good, but I prefer the Beatles own stuff. I the original tunes they wrote for this album, you can really see John & Paul's distinct personalities starting to emerge, especially John's. He's starting to look inward and examine what he sees...more was soon to follow.

kylenz:
This is actually still my favourite early period Beatles album. The covers are better than the original artists, and the originals are heartfelt and honest ('No Reply', 'I'm A Loser'), the vocals stick with me for that reason - even after all this time.

If you'd like to hear a charming and very different rendition of the album, check out the '8-Bit' version! Surprisingly listenable if you just want something nice to have going in the background! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VC5K4RsJJJM

Mervap:
Looks like there's a ton of those "*-bit Beatles" things out there....it's actually pretty neat.

kylenz:

--- Quote from: Mervap on May 17, 2013, 09:07:57 am ---Looks like there's a ton of those "*-bit Beatles" things out there....it's actually pretty neat.

--- End quote ---
If you ever come across the 8-bit version of the 1970 'Hey Jude' album (one of my favourite Beatle compilation records!), take a listen to 'Rain'. The way they program in the bass line is very impressive, they do everything exactly as Paul played it, even Ringo's fills are immaculately done. Makes one smile, knowing there are MIDI enthusiasts out there that are also Beatle fans and give so much careful attention to detail!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version