letstalkbeatles.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Let's Talk Beatles

Author Topic: The Internet and Privacy  (Read 2196 times)

2 of 3

• Email
The Internet and Privacy
« on: May 28, 2013, 11:37:00 pm »

I try to hide on the internet. I don't do Facebook or Twitter. I never use my real name. I have software that hides my IP(well, it's supposed to) Blocks ads and other pop ups. Stops websites tracking me...etc etc. I'm guessing they do very little against Google though. Merv and I were discussing old tv shows on Google chat. Well..I was using Google chat at least. I was watching Riverboat and 12 O'clock High on Youtube when merv said one of his favourite shows was Black Sheep Squadron. After I we signed off....I get this "recommendation" from Youtube in an email.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDw1vBshKHI

Scary. :o

Mervap

• Administrator
Re: The Internet and Privacy
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2013, 09:22:07 am »

Was Robert Conrad in any of the other shows you watched?
If love is blind, how will it ever find a way?

2 of 3

• Email
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2013, 09:13:26 pm »

I didn't actually watch it..but there a bunch of Black Sheep Squadron episodes up there that I noticed.

Mervap

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2013, 07:01:35 am »

I meant was Robert Conrad in Riverboat or 12 O'Clock High....that could trigger the suggestion.
If love is blind, how will it ever find a way?

2 of 3

• Email
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2013, 07:31:01 am »

Nope. That's what I mean....it was only mentioned in our chat. So it makes you wonder if Google chat is monitored....not buy a human, but some sort of software that recognizes words and phrases.

kylenz

• Email
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2013, 08:16:35 am »

Yeah, the future seems to get scarier by the day it seems. This is what Motorola have in store, and this is no bull - electronic tattoos and pills to track you and for authentication with all transactions/apps/passwords etc. Real mark of the beast stuff. Even scarier, if you read the comments at the bottom, a few think it's an awesome idea. No need to carry a wallet full of credit/cash cards anymore, and you can track your kids if they get lost! Some think it's wonderful!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2333203/Moto-X-Motorola-reveals-plans-ink-pills-replace-ALL-passwords.html