Ringo Starr Forums > Starr- Albums

RINGO

(1/1)

Mervap:
Released November 9, 1973

Mervap:
The effect of "Ringo" is different than the other classic solo stuff by the other Lads...."Ringo" is never concerned with making any kind of 'statement', other than having a fun time working with his famous friends. It's just a collection of songs, but a GREAT collection....with the aforementioned contributions from J, P & G...among the luminaries making appearances on this record: J, P & G, Billy Preston, most of the members of The Band, Harry Nilsson, Steve Cropper, Marc Bolan, Nicky Hopkins and Bobby Keys. Having said that, this album clearly belongs to Ringo, and he is in fine voice here. It's really nice to see how much George Harrison did on "Ringo"....the two 'others'.

If I were to recommend one Ringo album, this one is head and shoulders the winner....of course, Ringo has released some dang fine material since 1992, so folks might want to check out "Time Takes Time" or "Vertical Man", both good albums.

2 of 3:
This album made me happy when it came out. I loved Photograph and played the crap out of it....then gradually, the rest of the album grew on me also. I'm not sure if was the Beatle connection....maybe in the back of my mind I wanted it to be a huge hit so that the lads would think...oh..that was fun to work together again. It did turn out to be a Ringo's All Star Band though. You and me (Babe) is still one of my favourite songs...but i have no idea why.  :)

Keri:
Thanks guys, I gave this another spin & everything fell into place. Before it had sounded kind of disparate to me, Photograph being the stand out, but I'm starting to see what an enjoyable album this is & like all the songs.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version