letstalkbeatles.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Let's Talk Beatles

Author Topic: The Bible  (Read 2206 times)

2 of 3

• Email
The Bible
« on: March 18, 2013, 11:48:37 am »

Anybody watch this mini-series yet? I haven't..but I thought it was funny that they are saying the devil looks like someone familiar.  ;D

Mervap

• Administrator
Re: The Bible
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 08:41:49 pm »

Barack Harrison?  ;D
If love is blind, how will it ever find a way?

chris

• Email
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2013, 08:09:28 pm »

Its really good. I am not particularly religious...but I love watching this stuff.

And I didn't think anything of it when satan was trying to lure Jesus into being a bad kitty. It wasn't till the next day someone (Glen Beck, I think) mentioned it. There is a resemblance...to be honest...but nothing more.

Anyway, its a great miniseries. A bit of a commitment, but well worth it.
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I've got to get a belly full of wine...

chris

• Email
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2013, 08:54:01 pm »

one thing the series implies...but does not necessarily state...is the origins of the divide between jews and muslims. Abraham, who is considered the founder of the Israeli nation...is tested by god repeatedly to test his faith. he and his wife cannot have children. his wife suggests he "lay" with a handmaiden. he does. and a child is born. Ishmael. a child he loves. but his wife can't stand to see Abraham fathering a bastard child...even if it was done at her suggestion and had her consent. god then tells Abraham's wife that she will have a baby. she will name it isaak. when this second, but legitimate child is born, his wife continues to be unhappy Abraham has a first, illegitimate child. he casts his handmaiden and his first bastard child out into the desert, with promises from god that they will be taken care of.

I think both Ishmael and issac both have claim to being Abraham's true son. and the two sides have not gotten along since.

I think.
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I've got to get a belly full of wine...