letstalkbeatles.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Let's Talk Beatles

Author Topic: Favorite Beatles Movie  (Read 2983 times)

Mervap

• Administrator
Favorite Beatles Movie
« on: March 22, 2013, 02:52:52 pm »

The Beatles were, for a time, called "the next Marx Brothers"....now we all know that turned out to be an overstatement, but they did star in some fine movies. Many fans can't get enough of "A Hard Day's Night" and others clamor for the DVD release of "Let It Be"....What are YOUR favorites?
If love is blind, how will it ever find a way?

2 of 3

• Email
Re: Favorite Beatles Movie
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2013, 03:29:10 pm »

I think Hard Day's Night and Help are still very watchable...lot's fun...and the music ain't bad either. Magical Mystery Tour is kind of "yikes" though. Let it Be is pretty fascinating....it's really cool to watch the recording/creation process of the band.

lampie1970

• Email
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2013, 09:25:44 pm »

I have my 13 yo nephew and 6 yo niece quoting help! It is so cool to hear them saying: goooo toooo de win-dow...cracks me up

Keri

• Music from under my skin
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2013, 04:38:49 am »

A Hard Days Night and Yellow Submarine are both good movies

2 of 3

• Email
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2013, 09:19:37 am »

I can't believe after all these years, I still haven't seen How I Won the War.

Note to self: Find movie and watch is dummy.  ;D

Mervap

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2013, 09:53:44 am »

Don't feel bad, man, I haven't seen that one either. The only Ringo movie I've seen is "Caveman".....sad, eh?

The only Beatle movie I don't enjoy is "Let It Be"....sure, the music is good and the rooftop show is great, but I keep yelling at the screen, "Stop being snippy with each other! Quit bossing the others around! Ship that woman out of the studio!"
If love is blind, how will it ever find a way?

Keri

• Music from under my skin
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2015, 04:32:10 am »

I think Hard Day's Night is the one, everything the Beatles touched at this stage just went right, it was an exciting movie it's still a pleasure to watch. And credit must go to the Beatles for choosing a unique director. It was so damn sharp, it created the mould for the pop video, it was funny, well paced and all Beatles with maybe the exception of Paul acted surprisingly well. On top of all that is the incredible fact that they made this movie as well as created new music and toured at a rate that would be completely incomprehensible to artists today.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 03:41:47 pm by Keri »

kylenz

• Email
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2015, 01:57:51 am »

I have only seen Help once, when it was on tv around 1985 or so, and I loved it then. It was so cool having them filmed in different locations and every song done like a modern music video. I've waited for the remastered blu ray to come down in price but for some reason that hasn't happened (A Hard Day's Night on blu ray, on the other hand, is a much fairer price).

I still haven't seen Yellow Submarine! I did see it in the video store once, and meant to rent it out. But I was with peeps that wanted to see the latest Jason Statham Fast-and-Furious-Death-Race style actioner.

I saw a bootleg of Let It Be - and found it fascinating! Waiting forever for it to come out on blu ray. But I guess it never will..