Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Let's Talk Beatles

Author Topic: Mr. 2%  (Read 1810 times)

Mervap

• Administrator
Mr. 2%
« on: March 24, 2013, 05:36:07 pm »

It may come as a surprise to most of you that, in spite of my easy-going demeanor, I have trust issues...I don't trust easily, and when that trust gets shaken, it is very hard for someone to get it back. I say this only to add some context to this topic and to help it make sense...

I was asked by someone if I trusted them 100%. I told them no....I don't trust anyone 100%. "Not even your Mom or your wife?", they asked. "Not even them...I trust them 98%." They thought I was some kind of a weirdo...(ok, I am that!)...I told them that no person is 100% trustable, that there's a 2% part of me that tells me when I'm about to be whacked by someone in the trust department. I call him Mr. 2%...he is a deeply suspicious person. I had always assumed that everyone was this way, that if one is honest with oneself, one would see that no person is 100% trustable. Am I wrong here? I've thought about this for years since...anyone?
If love is blind, how will it ever find a way?

Keri

• Music from under my skin
Re: Mr. 2%
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2013, 10:30:30 pm »

I think you're closer to the truth Merv, many people may say they trust 100% but I doubt they do. For myself I don't trust anyone 100%.

2 of 3

• Email
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2013, 12:40:26 pm »

I don't even trust myself 100%...but that's a whole other issue isn't it.  ;)

chris

• Email
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2013, 07:51:42 pm »

I do. That might make me naive. And that might make me disappointed...but I can't assume someone will wrong me. When I meet you...you have my trust..until you lose it. All within reason of course. I'm not going to have someone I just met watch my wallet...or my car keys. I know people aren't perfect. And there are bad apples out there. But I generally gave faith in people to do the right thing...until they don't.
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I've got to get a belly full of wine...

Greg

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2013, 08:50:59 am »

I totally trust people too much.  I get burned by it all the time.  I guess I'd rather have that trait of trusting people than not.  The truth is that I prob have no choice; I'm just like that.  I think it's also a matter of stupidity.  I will totally believe that people will do right by other people.  They don't on some occasions.