letstalkbeatles.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Let's Talk Beatles

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Singers ....and their VOICES  (Read 3560 times)

kylenz

• Email
Re: Singers ....and their VOICES
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2014, 01:11:36 am »

He really struggled though going into his falsetto though. Very shaky. Don't we all though, haha.

2 of 3

• Email
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2014, 08:25:08 am »

Yeah, I'm guessing he did it on purpose....just so the vast army of "Coldplay Sucks!" U2 fans, didn't have a reason to step in front of a bus. Ha!  ;) I mean...can you imagine if it was great? Their heads would explode! haha  ;D

2 of 3

• Email
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2015, 08:32:03 am »

Here's Gordon Lightfoot before his illness took his voice. So smooth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkMxFCyCyOg

Greg

« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2015, 10:17:48 am »

2, I don't know if you think this too, but I like the strings backing him on the acoustic.  That 70's production totally works for him.  So many times I don't want to hear strings behind an acoustic singer guy.  With him it seems a natural part of his music like he wrote the song to have those strings.

I seriously knew very, very little of this guy except when he'd come on the radio and the fact that the Edmund Fitzgerald used to come to our ore docks quite a bit.  So that song has always been special to this area.

Anyway...I took the day off because we played at the ski hill late last night and am sitting here listening to an hour of Gordon thanks to you.  This guy is 10x better than I ever could have imagined.  No kidding on that.  He's unreal.  I am hearing all these songs for the first time except the handful of his better know tunes.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 10:19:55 am by Greg »

2 of 3

• Email
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2015, 02:27:34 pm »

Yeah, I'm a huge fan. He's just written so many good songs it's crazy. Mostly they are about far off places and being on the road or love's won and lost....or both. It's funny listening to his greatest hits...cuz you miss the songs omitted from the album the "hit" was taken from. His filler is great. The guy has written some beautiful melodies and lyrics over the years.

Funny...I didn't even notice the strings. My brain goes right to "how is he picking that?" haha

2 of 3

• Email
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2015, 04:00:48 pm »

I don't mind this at all. And Van is sounding great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRDHApDmTuI
Pages: 1 [2]