letstalkbeatles.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Let's Talk Beatles

Author Topic: 5 John Lennon news updates  (Read 1188 times)

Peregrine9

5 John Lennon news updates
« on: December 03, 2013, 01:22:10 am »

WSJ - Speakeasy
12/22013
All You Need is John Lennon

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2013/12/02/all-you-need-is-john-lennon/

Doylestown-Buckingham-NewBritain Patch
11/30/2013
December 8th - In John Lennon's memory

http://doylestown.patch.com/groups/business-updates/p/december-8th--in-john-lennons-memory

Liverpool Echo
12/2/2013
John Lennon detention sheets sold for £8,500 each

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/beatles-legend-john-lennon-detention-6361085

Stunning Lennon Letters book now available in paperback
12/2/2013

after its original release in 2012, the stunning book The John Lennon Letters compiled by famed Beatles biographer Hunter Davies is now available in a paperback edition.The John Lennon Letters features almost three hundred letters, notes and doodles that were recovered by Davies with the help of major auction houses in the UK and the US. The documents include letters to his relatives, including his mother, father and sons, letters to fans, letters to the other Beatles, especially Paul McCartney during their intense rough patch in the early '70s, and unusual items such as handwritten Beatles set lists and lyrics to never recorded songs.

For more info, check out The John Lennon Letters on Amazon and other internet stores

She Loves You research team sends book to press
12/2/2013
She Loves You, the long-awaited 3rd volume in The John Lennon Series has just gone to press for its 7 February 2014 release. The expanded biography of John Lennon, which was supposed to have been available for Lennon's birthday in 2013, was delayed in publication because of the size and complexity of its scope. With 946 pages, extensive end notes for each chapter and almost 4000 footnotes, the book covers 1963-mid 1964, an era that saw The Beatles experience four tours of the United Kingdom, a stint in Sweden, a stay in France, and the historic first visit to America (including three Ed Sullivan Shows and the Carnegie Hall performance).Jude Southerland Kessler, author of the book said, "I absolutely could not have completed She Loves You without the help of an entire research team. I had four editors who each gave a year of his or her life to work hand-in-hand with me on fact-finding, content-checking, and proofing. Jacob and Nicole Michael, Coleen Stern, and Ken Bloom worked tirelessly, and on the last few nights, Jacob, Coleen, and I were writing back and forth until the wee hours. "

Joining The John Lennon Series once again is respected author Bill Harry, creator of Mersey Beat and John Lennon's lifelong friend.Larry Kane (who met John and The Beatles in Miami, February 1963, and toured with them later that year) authoritatively wrote the Foreword. "Also returning to the research team was Richard Langham, Second Engineer from EMI who worked on the recording of With the Beatles.Jude also had valuable research help from Joe at www.beatlesbible.com and Jay Spangler at www.beatlesinterviews.org. Both gave considerable time and effort to securing information about the 1963-1964 concerts and rare interviews. "And I had two readers, Joy Voellinger and John Reeder, who worked on the final edits, right up to the last day. Then my husband, Rande, spent over a week doing the final, detailed PDF proof. Shivering Inside took a village," Kessler grinned, "but She Loves You took a talented metropolis!"With interviews from Louise Harrison, Bob Wooler, Beryl Adams, Allan Williams, Sid Bernstein, Stan Perkins, Freda Kelly, and many others, Kessler spent the last four years painting a careful portrait of John Lennon's life during 1963 and 1964. "When the book is released, it will be celebrated by an entire team who worked to see it 'come together.' Right now, we're tired but very excited to see the finished product."

To pre-order She Loves You (with free shipping in the Continental united States) go to www.johnlennonseries.com

Life is what happens when your busy making other plans. John Lennon