General Discussions > Fave TV Shows, Past & Present

"Family Guy" and TV deaths

(1/1)

Derek:
i just saw the latest episode of "Family Guy" where they killed off one of the main charecters. this may sound morbid but when ever i watch a TV death of a main charecter, i think of one of my fav 70s black comedy shows "Good Times" i guess thats kind of morbid. i don't watch much modern TV (except "Family Guy" from the internet) but i have always thought if you want to "jump the shark" on a show, the best way to do it is to kill off a main charecter. doesn't that cease to be a comedy show when that happens?

kylenz:
I used to enjoy Family Guy, but my least favourite character was actually Brian Griffin. Just didn't think a talking dog with an upper-class British accent was the right fit for an all-American family. Lois is hot though! I hope they don't kill her off! Hubba hubba.

Derek:
The baby Stewie is the one with the british accent. The way i see it, Brian just went to Mississippi for a job interview.? (little TV trivia joke)

kylenz:
Awww yeah Stewie was the baby with the British accent! Haha.

Been a while since I've been into it. The funny thing is, I used to watch The Simpsons until their writing went a bit downhill - tried to put too many dirty jokes in there and it just became crass. I guess they were trying to compete with South Park by becoming a bit more dangerous. But then even South Park went downhill for a while.

My favourite used to be Beavis and Butt-head. I hear they made a recent comeback but none of the new shows ever made it to New Zealand, and I've never seen them on the internet. 'Beavis and Butt-Head Do America' would still have to be one of the funniest animated feature movies I've seen!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version